The movie that has been astounding audiences in theaters around the world is now available on a high-quality, feature-packed DVD. Own the taboo-shattering documentary that Newsweek says "irreverently lays out the case that Jesus Christ never existed."
In this critically acclaimed film, you will discover:
- The early founders of Christianity seem wholly unaware of the idea of a human Jesus
- The Jesus of the Gospels bears a striking resemblance to other ancient heroes and the figureheads of pagan savior cults
- Contemporary Christians are largely ignorant of the origins of their religion
- Fundamentalism is as strong today as it ever has been, with an alarming 44% of Americans believing that Jesus will return to earth in their lifetimes
From exposing the hidden history of Christianity to lampooning the bloody excesses of Mel Gibson's The Passion of the Christ (which caused Gibson to attempt legal action against the documentary), The God Who Wasn't There pulls no punches.
Directed by award-winning filmmaker (and former Christian) Brian Flemming, The God Who Wasn't There includes stimulating interviews with:
- Sam Harris, author of The End of Faith and Letter to a Christian Nation
- Robert M. Price, Jesus Seminar fellow and author of The Incredible Shrinking Son of Man
- Alan Dundes, Professor of Folklore at the University of California at Berkeley
- Richard Carrier, historian and author of Sense and Goodness Without God
- Barbara & David P. Mikkelson, authors of the Urban Legends Reference Pages at snopes.com
- And many others
Dazzling motion graphics and a driving soundtrack propel this uncompromising film that the Los Angeles Times calls "provocative - to put it mildly."
The special features on this DVD are both generous and carefully selected. As DVD Talk puts it: "This DVD delivers the film in a quality presentation, with extras that quadruple the amount of content in a positive way with no filler."
The extras include:
- Two compelling, full-length commentary tracks with evolutionary biologist Richard Dawkins (The God Delusion) and scholar Earl Doherty (The Jesus Puzzle)
- More than one hour of selected additional interview clips with each person in the documentary
- An in-depth slide show on every topic in the film, with active links to the Web (Windows or Mac computer required for Web features)
- Cast and crew biographies
- And more
The God Who Wasn't There is presented full-screen, with crisp Dolby Digital 2.0 stereo audio. The DVD is playable in all regions, but is English language only (no subtitles or captions).
Want to experience this provocative film ASAP? Buy the DVD right now here at the official site and you'll get same-day shipping free to the U.S. and below-cost for the rest of the world.
View the trailer
Buy the DVD
"Provocative - to put it mildly."
Los Angeles Times
"Explores the many mysteries of the Christian faith as never before."
New York Times
"Thought-provoking enough to maybe crack open a few closed minds."
San Francisco Bay Guardian
"The God Who Wasn't There is going to feel like a knife to the heart for those who subscribe to Christianity without thought."
"Very good. A sincere and moving film."
(in The God Delusion)
"A tour through the parts of Christianity that many people - both Christians and others - would really prefer not to see mentioned."
Pulp Movies U.K.
"It might well change your life."
DVD BOX BACK (popup)